Me


Sookie Jane

About Me

My name isn't Sookie Jane and I don't like rum. I am Southern and I am turning 40 this year, so like any independent Southern girl, I've decided to try as many new things as I can handle. Hence, this blog, graduate school, writing a children's book, and getting a fiery dragon tattooed across my back. Just kidding about the dragon. Maybe a dragonfly...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fame

I've always wanted to be famous.
I've never been sure exactly what my route to fame would be, but today I found it.

My darling son, who is in 3rd grade, gave me a Mother's Day present - a list of sentence starters about mothers that he was to complete. They were very adorable - "If my mother were a flower, she would be a sunflower because she shines. If my mother were an animal, she would be a cheetah because she's fast." (Those races around the yard have made an impression, I suppose.)

My favorite, though, was "If my mother were a car, she would be a limo because she is famous to me."

So now my search for fame is over. It certainly isn't glamorous, or monetarily rewarding, but glorious and rewarding...yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment